Sunday, May 18, 2014

Yesterday Has Passed Away

It's hard when you wake up and you can't do enough to impress yourself
Because the world you see on the outside makes you feel down about yourself
So you stand looking out the window with ambivalence and distress
But is it our duty to look good and always be the one to impress?
So I take a second to look back, and remember all that has set me back
Then move forward towards the sky on a fast track
Although I may fall to the ground because my knees ail me
And feel emotional because of the times that my heart has failed me
Those falters might break my exterior but can never derail me
They might injure my pride but will never ever stop me
To everyone who said I wouldn't make it to where I am
Thank you, your doubts have helped build me into a man
Although I now have a degree, there is much more to me
The perimeters of a paper won't define or change me
The faith and the heart is what is going to guide me
My mind pours strength into my hands to serve you see
Hope is so radiant
It's powers takes a grip on every brain and wrist it gets
The water in the river of Detroit is still beautiful and blue
I just hope the world can see its fruitfulness and truth
I was told to leave this world a better place than when I first saw light
It's a challenge that is well worth the fight
Why look out the windows waiting for change from the inside
When we all know that the true work is done on the outside
Looking out the glass waiting for the rain pass won't make the sun shine
Yesterday has passed away
Tomorrow is on its the way

No comments:

Post a Comment